Add Email to Opportunities List View

Hi,

We create leads which have emails attached to them and convert those to Opportunities.
When we convert them, we cannot see the email contacts on the Opportunities List View.

Is there a way we can add Email Address to the Opportunities List View which is stored and converted when we convert a Lead to Opportunity?

I have checked the fields which are listed in the [Studio] > [Opportunities] > [Fields] to see if i can add Email Address in there but it doesn’t exist. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong settings for this?

Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance for any advice!

@jpeterson
You can do it without Studio if you will create vardefs files manually. You can find information here, include customising vardefs.

Hi @p.konetskiy thanks for your reply.
I am not very familiar with customising SuiteCRM in this way and was wondering if there’s an alternative simple process for this? Otherwise I may need to look at finding someone to do this for us.

Hi, @jpeterson

Part of the simple functions available in Studio, but not all possibilities. The developmet documentation has enough information to start creating custom config files. You should understand structure of PHP and javascript languages.

You can write me into directly for more information.

Hi,
Opportunity is “Sale” type module and made for putting amount , sales stage and closing date.
I am not sure how this information getting related with an Email Addresses.
Email address is a field relate to Person or Company , which is Target/Lead/Contact/Account.

So your Sale is directly related to an email addresses ? or it is getting related with any Contact?
Still if you need to create a new field , then all you need to create a field named “email1” , but it’s behaviour will be like a normal field.

@ashish You are correct that the opportunity does not actually contain the email but when the lead gets converted, we’d like this to become part of the opportunity so that the email is taken into the opportunity.

Or alternatively feed the email from the lead upon conversion so that we can see it in the list of opportunities data.

The latter would be ideal but I’m not sure if this is easily achievable?

@jpeterson

You can do it using WorkFlow for save the Lead record and status of the record as Converted.

@p.konetskiy can you please elaborate on this as a solution?

@jpeterson

Didi you see this documentation?

Yes thank you, although I still do not understand how this can be achieved.
Are you able to advise please?

@jpeterson, are you just inquiring about moving the email address from the lead to the opportunity on conversion, or are you talking about moving all the email history from the lead over to the opportunity?

Hi @pstevens,
I am referring to moving the email address from the lead to the opportunity on conversion.
And ideally secondary and so forth email addresses which are stored in the lead.

Ah ok. You can move the primary email over just be creating a field with the exact same name in the opportunity as in the lead. I know this works for Contacts and Accounts, I’m pretty sure it works for Opps too.

It won’t bring over other than the first email. I’m pretty sure.

Just wondering though, why would you need to pull in the emails from the lead when the contacts are created on conversion with the emails and are associated with the Opportunity? All the info you need in regard to email addresses should be in the contacts sub panel in the opportunity.