Add duplicate group item tables to a PDF template

Hello,

I am running in to an issue with the PDF template module.

I want to add two tables relating to the Group items on an invoice, but for some reason the generated PDF just breaks and displays blank content from where I want to add the duplicate data.

What I want to do is have a summary table of the Group Line Items on the first page of the invoice, and on the second page of the invoice I want to do the same type of table but with different data grabbed from the Group item.

For example, on page one I’d have the Product Item Number, then the quantity, cost, tax, and final price.
Then on page two I’d want the same type of table, but I’d want it to have a description of each Product Line item (like "Number of hours worked during the week of etc etc). Just more detailed information, which the table on page one would not show.

However, this does not work. What am I missing here?

Thank you very much.

-K

Hi Keith,
I think that I’ve understood your issue here in generating invoice PDF. You can use this plugin https://store.outrightcrm.com/product/suitecrm-empower-pdf-template/ . If you have any further questions please let me know.

The code that puts Invoice data into those PDF’s is very specific, it probably won’t play well with any original option you try to make.

If you are a developer and you want to try changing it, have a look in

modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/generatePdf.php

Also check out PowerReplacer add-on.

Thank you, both, for the quick replies.

I was able to duplicate the issue by making two tables in the Default template, and it has the same effect (which is what you both said).

I decided to go another route and just put a longer description in the Invoice, which I can then display…so it’s just like having another table.

I looked at the empower PDF templates, and it looks really good, but I cannot justify the cost when it’s ony me in the business :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the quick response.

1 Like