7.2.2 to 7.3.2, upgrade broke

I installed 7.3.2 over 7.2.2 using the appropriate upgrade package, and the install seemed to go alright but afterward the site will not load. Checking the nginx logs I see the following error:

2015/11/22 17:15:42 [error] 22333#0: *50070 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Fatal error: sugar_file_put_contents_atomic() : fatal rename failure ‘/tmp/tempNHLsuk’ -> ‘cache/modules/Trackers/Trackervardefs.php’ in /var/www/suitecrm/include/utils/sugar_file_utils.php on line 194” while reading response header from upstream, client: 97.81.92.159, server: domain.com, request: “GET /index.php?action=ajaxui HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:”, host: “domain.com”, referrer: “https://domain.com/index.php

Can anyone help?

turns out doing a chown www-data:www-data * -R in the suitecrm folder fixed this.

The issue repeated when upgrading 7.3.2 to 7.4.1, the same work-around solved it, and based on what I read in some other threads, I think this is an issue with the upgrade tool, and I hope that it can be fixed.