7.11.13 Cron Error Email Alerts on Every Inbound-email

I’ve reinstalled a vanilla fresh copy of V 7.11.13 and went away from Exchange email to pure standard IMAP accounts.

Every time I receive an inbound email, I also receive an email from Cron with this message.

PHP Notice:  Trying to get property 'id' of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/suitecrm/modules/InboundEmail/InboundEmail.php on line 4578
PHP Notice:  Trying to get property 'filename' of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/suitecrm/modules/InboundEmail/InboundEmail.php on line 4600
PHP Notice:  Undefined property: stdClass::$disposition in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/suitecrm/modules/InboundEmail/InboundEmail.php on line 4602

I’m also getting these errors in the log.

Sat Mar 28 18:05:02 2020 [24589][1][ERROR] ImapHandler trying to use a non valid resource stream.
Sat Mar 28 18:05:03 2020 [24589][1][ERROR] Saving Email with invalid From name and/or Address. Details:
From field is not set.
From-name is not set.
From address and name pair does not match to from name.
From address and name pair is invalid.
codes:1, 7, 22, 15
Sat Mar 28 18:05:03 2020 [24589][1][ERROR] Unable to find relationship emails_email_templates
Sat Mar 28 18:05:04 2020 [24589][1][FATAL] Attachements not found
Sat Mar 28 18:05:04 2020 [24589][1][ERROR] Invalid email from address or name detected before sending. Details:
From field is not set.
From-name is not set.
From address and name pair is not set.
codes:1, 7, 13

I would really like to see these email issues solved as this is such an integral part of our business process. Let me know how I can be part of this solution. If you need anything, let me know.

1 Like

Hi,
I recommend you to setup latest LTS version instead of latest version.
LTS is most stable version of CRM with majority of bugs fixed…
SO if you are on a new setup, just go with LTS version. Latest LTS version is 7.10.25 and you can find it from this URL

https://suitecrm.com/download-suitecrm-lts/

And for CRON email, set the Email notification to NONE from your c-panel or server.
From C-Panel we have simple option to disable notification email for CRON and from any dedicated server you can append >/dev/null 2>&1 at the end of CRON command.

For Help, check out this URL

Thank you, I ended up doing that. It was a bit of a struggle, 1/2 day, but I got things working satisfactory on 7.11.13. Everything seems pretty good, other than handling inbound email needs work. Fix it so it plays nice with all the major email providers, GSuite, Hosted Exchange, and IMAP, which each seemingly have some quirks about them, then that would probably get rid of the majority of messages I’m seeing in the error log.

1 Like

that’s good to hear that things are fixed. :grinning:

I’m experiencing the same issue.
Is downgrading to the LTS version the only viable option?

Or is there a chance this issue is fixed in the latest version?

Upgrading vs. Downgrading :thinking: